Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Waterfowl Festival

This was waterfowl weekend in Easton. The 40th Annual Waterfowl Festival, a wildlife art, and sportsman's expo, held the second weekend in November.



Warning #1. If you're not a dog person, you might want to scroll through quickly. My camera seems to automatically focus on dogs. Try as I might to broaden my photographic horizons, if there are plenty of dogs around, I will come home with mostly dog pictures. It's beyond my control.  Warning #2, if you are a dog lover, there's a picture of a chocolate lab puppy coming up, that will make you want to lick your screen! So, here's my dog loving view of the Waterfowl Festival.
Let's start with the ever-popular Delmarva Dock Dogs competition...where I learned that taking pictures of dogs in flight, takes a little practice...




There! That's better...


There were adoptable dogs also...
Talbot Humane


Dorchester Humane
Scenes from downtown...





In the yarn shop window.




Yum!!!








Chesapeake Bay Retriever
 I have to say, Talbot County is a great fall getaway any weekend. Seriously, people come from Baltimore and Washington to eat in our restaurants. For more info about the festival, click here, Waterfowl Festival.
Hope your weekend was at least fun, if not actually, "festive."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!