- Mountains are hard. I have the legs of a flatlander, apparently.
- Sorry blue crabs, but dungeness crabs are much easier to pick with a bigger payoff. One can fill you up.
- You're never too old to throw a snowball at your brother.
- Boat shoes give you no grip on glaciers. At all.
- I am not too proud to creep along on my hands and knees if the alternative is tumbling down a mountain. See number 4.
- I can eat fresh salmon every day and never tire of it. Ditto the dungeness crabs.
- Jumping into the water in that part of the country will make you scream, right before it takes your breath away completely.
- I am hopeless at a card game called Pitch.
- Over packing can be hazardous to your health in the mountains. Uphill is hard. Downhill, you run the risk of being run over by your own luggage.
- I can survive without air conditioning. Over there. Don't ask me to try it here.
|The view from Mount Baker.|
|Mike on Mount Baker.|
|We could see seals from the house!|
|Sailing with my nephew, Barkley.|
|Barkley and I developed a serious crush. So much so, that when we left for the island, he moped and refused his dinner.|
|Random dog on Boundary Bay. I liked his attitude.|
|Mike paddling over to Skull Island.|
|Great climate for gardening. Beautiful flowers everywhere.|
|Painted on the side of a gift shop in Edison.|
It was a wonderful trip but as always, I am happy to be home. There is nothing like the whistle of your own tea kettle. Bye for now, I have unpacking to finish and several days worth of dog/horse smooching to catch up on.