Having made the appointment for Saturday, I wanted to make Friday a very special day. Lily had a bath, lots of time outside in the warm sunshine, and a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream.
She came to us at eight weeks, a little field trial lab, from the lower shore. She was more highly strung than a typical lab. She had her own set of rules and we adored her.
- Be happy every day.
- Greet everyone with the same level of enthusiasm.
- Play VERY GENTLY with chickens.
- Always position yourself under the feet of the youngest guest at holiday dinners.
- When the cat comes in the room, leave.
- Repairmen need your help (and tennis balls).
- Baby gates are for babies. When you are young jump over. When you are old, knock them down.
- The only safe place to sit in a kayak, is your Daddy's lap.
- Cat food tastes better if you eat the whole bag.
- Don't leave your paw print in the candy that's cooling on the kitchen counter. They'll know who licked the chocolate off.
- When someone leaves a gate open, run for the river.
- Tremble when they cut your toenails. They'll give you cheese.
- If you absolutely must get their attention when company comes, pee next to one of their guests.
- Don't chew up twenty dollar bills.
- You're never too old to play in the snow.
|Jan. 1998-March 24, 2012|