Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

PILLOWS, PAINT, AND A BEAUTIFUL SUNSET

I have a goal to get my workroom clean and organized well in advance of the holidays, and I have made a start, but there are so many distractions. The pillow fabric I bought for the new family room sofas was staring at me, so I got that little chore out of the way.
I think they look festive, but of course, I always consult my quality control people.
Having gotten the "thumbs up" from Scout and Nigel, I went back to my sorting, but as soon as I had enough space cleared, my paints started talking to me. When paints start talking it's best to listen. So, I layered paper, then acrylic paint, then charcoal, with no real intent, and found myself here.
Thinking I might scan and print this on fabric, and see what happens when I add stitching.
 I have two bouquets of beautiful roses from last week and they aren't getting any fresher, so I made time to take some pics and play around with my editing software. DH gave me this lovely peachy-pink color.
And my visiting big brother and family brought me these beautiful white ones. I love white flowers, but especially roses.
None of which got me any closer to a clean workroom, but by late afternoon, it was nearly 70 degrees, and it would be a shame not to get outside and enjoy that, so I took a walk down to the river.
Got webbed feet walking through the tall grass.
Then hung around waiting for the sun to set. I had a feeling, it was going to be a good one.
It would have been a shame to miss that. 
Now it's back to work. I will get that room sorted out. Then I'll start on the unfinished room over the garage, because that is going to be my new work space, once we accomplish the Herculean task of emptying it. 
Dream big.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!