Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, December 2, 2013

BELATED HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I have been a neglectful blogger these past two weeks, so first let me say that I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, with plenty of friends, family, and treats to be thankful for.
My push to empty out the unfinished room over the garage, so that Barn Bug can have a brand new studio, had me working frantically right up until time to work frantically on Thanksgiving preparations. Before I knew it, my house was full and I gave myself up to enjoying the friends and family gathered here.
Now, with the last guest delivered to the train station, I am turning my attention to dismantling fall and preparing for Christmas. It feels good to be back, though it is eerily quiet here today. Ran errands, stopping at the feed store where I found this cheesy little light-up pony which inexplicably put me in the holiday spirit. So I brought him home.
I am not normally one who decorates for Christmas while the Thanksgiving leftovers are still in the fridge, but this guy has inspired me to get on with it, and as soon as someone brings the boxes down from the attic I will. In the meantime, I will enjoy the glow from my little pony while I finish putting away the good dishes, stripping beds and washing tablecloths. 
I do have a poinsettia that someone sent to Mike's office. It is the size of a small tree. Hard not to feel festive with this in the house!
We'll talk again soon. I want to tell you about young Gus's first Thanksgiving. There is some dog shaming in order.
Happy Thanksgiving. XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!