Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, November 16, 2015

COMEDY AND TRAGEDY

Lately, I have been feeling scattered and disorganized, and now it seems the world at large has gone a bit wobbly too. Last week started with comedy...a tempest in a tea coffee cup...
And ended in tragedy...
If you've been lucky enough to go to Paris, you know that it is everything you dream it will be and more. I have only been once. I would go again in a heartbeat. 
That was Friday. On Saturday, we lost a dear friend to pancreatic cancer. He was a sweet, funny, gentle, talented man. Our hearts are broken for his loving family. RIP Tom Hopkins. You will be missed.

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~John Burroughs

A ride out through the marshes to the back of beyond with my camera, is always good for what ails me.
That, and some pup time. My Scoutie is becoming almost as enthusiastic about modeling as Nigel. For the first couple of years or so, she had no tolerance for head gear. I didn't try to force the issue, and patience has finally paid off. We watch a lot of old movies here...this look was inspired by Norma Shearer.
Stopped by my mother-in-law's last week, and she was about to throw out this sweet little pink number. It was her wedding hat, "something borrowed." 1952.


Nigel cries if he doesn't get to play, too.
Wishing you and indeed, the whole world, a more peaceful week.
XO,
Mary


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Mary. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I think what happened in Paris has us all on edge. I've never been there and don't like the thought of ever leaving the country, but that is one risk I would definitely take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! My son worked in France, his first year after college, so we visited him there and it was the best time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Scout looks adorable in her pearls! Glad that you have furry friends to bring you comfort in trying times.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!