Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Abby

Dear Abby,

I'm not sure why you've chosen to roll in the mud every freaking day for the last two weeks.You've never actually been a big mud roller. It was almost a year ago to the day that you lay down in the front pasture to have a roll and decided you could not get up again. Do you remember how I stood there crying, lunge whip in one hand, carrot in the other, while the UPS man looked helplessly on? Do you remember when the vet finally arrived, and finding nothing obviously wrong, bent your front legs and placed your hooves against the ground, reminding you how to stand up and you did? Do you know how much that cost?  Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that your joint supplements have kicked in and that you feel like rolling around on the ground, particularly in light of the "tragic incident of October 2009." We won't go into that now, that's a subject for a future  post (or series of posts). I'm just saying that right now, while I have a million things to do everyday, I would appreciate a little effort on your part, to maintain a higher standard of personal hygiene. I don't really have time to give you a thorough, head to toe, daily, de-mudding, at the moment, and as it's still too warm for the protection of a blanket in the daytime, I would appreciate it, if you would not pick the muddiest spot of your pasture to have your daily roll.
Just sayin'...and with much love,
Mom


Quote of the day: " The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful."  e.e. cummings



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!