Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Saturday Things on Sunday

Had a much needed day away from the manure fork yesterday. Drove up to Baltimore with Mr. C. and met our handsome firstborn for a late breakfast at Golden West in Hampden. Then off to shop the Holiday Heap at 2640 St. Paul St., the community space at St. John's Church. There, I was very excited to meet fellow blogger Meg, of Pigtown Design, who braved the crowded arts and crafts show with us, and then whisked me off to a couple more of her favorite Baltimore shopping spots, The Book Thing of Baltimore and Trohv. Such fun! Thank you, Meg! I had a great time and look forward to seeing more of Baltimore's hidden treasures.
As for the Heap, there were so many lovely things to buy (and I bought a few). It's not too late to shop, click on Charm City Craft Mafia for a list of vendors. Many of them have etsy shops online.



Bought a sweet little rabbit bowl from this pretty lady, Shawna Pincus of PinkKissPottery. Wanted it last year but didn't buy it because, hey, I was Christmas shopping. Fortunately, she had them again this year, so I bought one because you really shouldn't miss an opportunity twice.



Wooly Baby

Tasha McKelvey
If you promise not to tell my daughter's cat, Evie, I'll show you the cat toy I bought from this nice lady...

Lazymuse

...a crocheted severed finger! It's going to be a Merry Christmas.



Foxfire Pottery

Almanac Industries

Recycled Rowhouse

So many talented vendors in such a cool space...


Stopped in Annapolis on the way home to stock up on Christmas goodies at Trader Joe's.  Another quick stop at the outlets in Queenstown and finally, home. Checked on the animals before hopping back in the car and driving to Easton, where we weaved our way through the Christmas parade crowd to Martini's, for a relaxing dinner and then, one last bit of window shopping...


A very full day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!