Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love of Art: Fly-Tribe Blog Party

Welcome to the Fly-Tribe Blog Party. The subject is LOVE of ART.
I use a lot of vintage fabrics, tattered needlework, paper ephemera, and found objects, in my work. What I love most is the connection I feel to those creative souls who came before me.  When my needle is slipping in and out of time-worn linen, I believe I am extending the story of those other hands and hearts who have held the same piece of fabric. We are each a part of one history, and with my needle, I am weaving a thread that will extend our shared story into the future. 
We are all connected by art...to our past, our future, and each other.



And finally, a work in progress. Love this tattered bit of crazy quilt. I pick it up and add a few stitches, when I'm not sure what I want to work on next. It helps clear my head and gets the wheels turning.
Enjoy the party, and please, stay connected! Go here to see a list of party participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!