Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, March 12, 2012

A BEEHIVE, A BUNNY, AND A STANDING BROOM UPDATE

I put down the paintbrushes and played with fabric today. Except for the cotton linen backgrounds, both of these pieces are made with vintage fabric. The bunny was cut from a cream wool/thrift store blazer that I felted in the washing machine. Both pieces are hand and machine-stitched.


Beehive Alive!
Garden Bunny
Also, because there has been an inordinate amount of interest in my spooky broom, one more photo of that. Left it standing in the barn on Saturday around 2pm, and when I brought the horses in at 10pm, it was still upright. It had fallen by morning, however. Even a "magic" broom is no match for a barn cat.

Nigel is not too crazy about brooms, so he's keeping an extra sharp eye on this one!
Hope you had some magic in your day, or at least some fabric to play with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!