Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, May 21, 2012

WHAT'S BLOOMING AT BARNBUG TODAY

Lots of blooming going on here today. When we moved here six years ago, there was a single pink lily. I don't know what it is called, but it has multiplied and every year the enormous blossoms take my breath away...
Little yellow lilies, way early for these.
The Knockout roses are exploding...
The Nige, taking a break from big-brothering.
And then, there's this little blossom...
who still doesn't have a name! Facebook friends weighed in with "Lola" today. My friend, Margaret suggested we pick a British name since we adopted her just after our trip to London. I do actually like the name "Biscuit" which of course is what the Brits call cookies. However, our farrier has a lab by that name. Crumpet? Pippa? Don't know why this is so hard. My husband had named Nigel before we even left the animal shelter. I am open to suggestions. Personality-wise, she is fearless and funny, smart as a whip, and a bit on the sassy side. She's also into gardening, having tasted just about every bit of vegetation on our property. Please let me know your bright ideas.
Coming up this week...more about the London trip and our weekend shed make-over. I can't even tell you how helpful the pup was with that project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!