Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, June 18, 2012

VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD

How cool is this? Opened my email on Friday, to find this award given to me by the very talented, Rachel Payne, blogger, artist, storyteller, advocate for artists, and Fly Tribe sister. Find Rachel at her blog, Art of Collecting Yourself. I am so honored and touched by her kind words about BarnBugStudio.
The rules for receiving "The Very Inspiring Blogger Award" are, tell seven random things about yourself, thank the person who has awarded you by linking back to them, and pass the award over to other bloggers and let them know you've awarded them.
Excited to make a start, I made some notes about my seven random things....
Dogs really do eat homework.

Then I started over. Here are seven random things about me...

1. I sleep with my Kindle under my pillow for reading emergencies.
2. I met my future husband in the 7th grade.
3. I prefer savory to sweet. I'm a pickle person.
4. I adore Cary Grant in every movie he ever made, and Christopher Plummer in Sound of Music.  Hot!
5.I take extremely good care of my animals but am often neglectful of houseplants. Please don't turn me in.
6. I have no problem chatting with perfect strangers, but would rather stick a fork in my eyeball than give a speech.
7. I wanted to be Nancy Drew when I was little. Really. She drove a powder blue convertible and had a seemingly endless number of "fresh frocks" to change into for dates with Ned Nickerson, her dreamboat!
So, there you have it. More than you ever needed to know about "moi."
Now for the best part, I get to pass this award on to...

1. Staci of  Life At Cobble Hill Farm.  I am so inspired by Staci's gorgeous photography of life on a micro-farm. Chickens, French Bulldogs, cats, gardening, fabulous recipes...I am in awe of how much this very talented blogger accomplishes every week. The antics of Jackson the cat/dog will have you in stitches.

2. Chris of Chris Murray Art. I am inspired by Chris's gorgeous oil paintings, and glimpses of  life on her bit of the Eastern Shore. Her recent forays into flea-marketing, and pictures of her junk-find make-overs have inspired me to get back out to the yard sales and find my own treasure. Of course any blog with a yellow lab already has my attention. You will fall in love with her dear Martha. Please take a peek at Chris's art and be inspired by her use of vibrant color!

Thank you again, Rachel for this award.
More good news today! I was randomly selected to receive a piece of art by Carol Kovach Bray of  The Red Painted Cottage. Carol, another Fly-Tribe sister, celebrated her one year blog-iversary with a giveaway. I seem to be on a roll, and it's only only Monday.  A week that begins with a prize and ends with a birthday (Friday) sounds pretty good to me!
Ladies, this flower is for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!