Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

STORMY AND FARRAH

I'd like to introduce you all to my lovely young friend, Jessica Lantz. Jessica is training her miniature horse, Stormy, to be a therapy horse. This is a 4-H and community service project for Jessica, and she hopes to visit various community organizations whose participants might enjoy and benefit from some hands-on time with this truly special little horse.
On Tuesday, I hauled Stormy to the Easton YMCA, where he met and entertained the campers of Camp Lazy Daze. 
Jessica and Stormy at the YMCA
Stormy basking in the attention of  the campers.
On Wednesday, we visited the St. Martin's House in Ridgely, where the residents and their young children were thrilled to meet Stormy. We took along Stormy's buddy from Timber Grove Farm, Farrah, a miniature donkey.
Farrah meets a baby.
Jessica and Stormy meet a new friend.
With the help of Jessica's brother Mitch, and mom Lori to take pictures, we even took the pair inside. We wrapped their tiny hooves with vet wrap to prevent slipping, and they checked out the facility. 
The playroom.
A bedroom.
Farrah backs herself into a closet. Must have thought it was a tiny stall.
If you live in the mid-shore area, and know of an organization that might be interested in a visit from Stormy and/or Farrah, send me an email (barnbugstudio@gmail.com) with your contact information, and I will pass it along. Coming soon: Stormy's own Facebook page. Find Timber Grove Farm at www.timbergrovefarm.com
So, I guess I can say that I spent yesterday, quite literally "hauling ass." It was great fun. You are welcome to use my trailer any time, Lantz family. 
Not the best photos I've ever taken, but I'm not used to holding a camera in one hand and a donkey in the other. Hee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!