Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CATCHING UP

Paddle boat.
I am sleep-deprived and still scratching my chigger bites, but let's catch up, shall we? 
Mr. C. was in Utah last week and got back Saturday night. Since I'd been holding down the fort, and not sleeping much in the process, we decided a nice leisurely lunch by the water would be just the thing. You know I like to look at boats when I'm out to lunch on a summer Sunday. Moseyed over to Suicide Bridge in Hurlock for crab cakes, shrimp salad, and a stroll along the docks...
Ducks on tap.
Duck soup.
Think the gulls must have planted grass in the top of this post.
Work boat.
Pleasure boat.
Back home, we took the dogs for a walk down to the river.
And here's a little peek at what I'm working on now...
Acrylic, Pitt pen, and vintage papers on board.
Printed onto vintage muslin and embellished with hand and machine stitching. This is Tess, the terrier mix we lost about 5 years ago.
Now I'm off to let the horses back out. Brought them in because of thunder and a threatening sky. Unfortunately, we only had a few drops of rain, and now it seems to have gone away. Hope you're working on something fun and having just the right amount of rain wherever you are! XO























































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!