Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, November 19, 2012

GIVING THANKS

Hey, blog friends. It has been 5 days since my last blog post. What can I say? I have been feathering my nest for Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. I have vacuumed, dusted, mowed, shoveled manure, pulled weeds, pruned, de-cluttered, re-decorated, sewed, plumped, laundered, and shopped. All of which, will be wrapped up by tomorrow afternoon, so I can begin to chop, dice, roast, slice, saute, baste, bake, and simmer. 
Amidst all this homemaking chaos, I am taking the time to be thankful.
For the way the light filters through my new linen curtains...
For the red ultra-suede remnant I found at Jo-Ann's, allowing me to make this little big button  pillow. Inspired by the one I saw at Pottery Barn, but was too spendy.
I know, it needs a touch of ironing. I'll get to it tomorrow when I'm ironing tablecloths and napkins.
When I finally have a chance to sit and relax (thinking that might be Friday), here's where I'm going to park it...Thankful for my new chair.
Also thankful for dogs who remind me it's important to breathe...
More of what I'm thankful for tomorrow. I love you guys. Thankful for you.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!