Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, November 23, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND

Well, I meant to get back here yesterday, I really did. But the Thanksgiving festivities went on until late in the evening, and I had just enough energy left to fall into bed.
We had a wonderful day. Great food, family around (and dogs under) the table, and a picture perfect fall day. We all moseyed down to the river, to watch the sunset, then wandered home again for dessert, and games. The "kids" (aged 8-30) played flashlight tag under the stars.
Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving, as well.
Angel Biscuits are a family favorite at our holiday gatherings. Keeping little (and big) fingers out of them until dinner is always a challenge. I didn't realize until just now that someone had taken a bite out of one of the biscuits in this pic. We have to make 3-4 batches of these little lovelies to be sure everyone gets a take home bag.
I do have one more Thanksgiving quote, which I intended to post already, but family first, right? I'm a little disappointed that I didn't take more pics of the day, but I was too busy living it, and that can't be a bad thing.
"To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do." ~ Victor Hugo
My girl along the Choptank.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!