Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

GO RAVENS!!

If you read yesterday's post, you'll know I confessed to my complete and utter lack of interest in football. I do like birds in general and Edgar Allen Poe (The Raven) and Ruth Rendell (An Unkindness of Ravens) in particular. I guess you could say that makes me a "ravens" fan. So, in tribute to the home team and because I was itching to play with watercolors again, I give you RAVENS...
. Strictly speaking, they're not all watercolor. Some charcoal, and Pitt and Micron pen found their way in. You can Google how to draw anything, and find oodles of tutorials. Does this make me a Ravens fan? Meh. Come game time, I'll be sitting with my sketchbook, watching Downton Abbey! Go Bates!!!
A couple more things before I forget. I'd like to give a shout out to Elmo. Did you know it's his birthday today? Happy Birthday Elmo!! Also, if you read mysteries, Ruth Rendell is as good as it gets, in my opinion. If you like P. D. James and Elizabeth George, you'll love her. One more completely random bit of news...I saw a snake yesterday!!  I know. I can't even believe it myself. It was Groundhog Day! It was below freezing! He was burrowing into the shavings/manure pile. I guess the crazy warm temps earlier in the week lured him out, and then the ground froze and he was stuck.  Composting stall bedding generates a lot of heat. A friend tells me that in ancient Celtic lore, the snake was the prognosticator of spring, not the groundhog. So, woohoo!! Bring out your flip-flops, spring is coming.
Hope you enjoy your game or your PBS, or maybe even learn to sketch ravens with me. Lots of choices on this Sunday evening, friends. XO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!