Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

NATIONAL LOST PENNY DAY

Of course you remembered today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday, but did you know it is also National Lost Penny Day? I thought not.
The first penny was minted in 1787. The first Lincoln penny was minted on February 12th, 1909 to commemorate what would have been the president's 100th birthday. 



Came across a few wheat pennies and foreigners in my stash.
I believe we are meant to gather up our stash of pennies today and cash them in. I think I'll hold on to mine a bit longer. A penny saved...
I wouldn't advise forgetting the next holiday. Here's a little hint:

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Penny for your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!