Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, May 17, 2013

ANNIVERSARIES

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with." ~ Mark Twain



I married my "somebody" thirty-three years ago today. Happy Anniversary, my darling. I love you to infinity and beyond. Also, one year ago today, we adopted this little somebody. It's our Scout-iversary!! So much to celebrate!
Started the day with a little walk in the woods. It's one of those crystal clear mornings we  appreciate here on the shore, because so much of the time our warm weather comes with a truly awful mugginess. The spider webs were sparkling.






There was a lovely sweet-clean smell that I couldn't quite place, but it reminded me of childhood. Walking the fence line, I found the source. It was the blackberry vines that climb our pine trees and tumble over the fence. They'll have to be cut back, so I added that to the chore list for this weekend. We'll need to address the "buttercup situation," as well.
Abby has agreed to help with that.
As I looked back for puppy pictures from a year ago, I could see that we are slightly behind last year, in the garden. The oriental lilies are just beginning to bud and the roses are well behind. My newest bloomers are these white flowers, which I absolutely love. Are they irises or lilies? Not sure. They're a perennial that came with the house.
I'd love to stay and chat a little longer, about spring things...what's growing in my garden and what's growing in yours, but I have plants to water, a trough to scrub, a barn to sweep, and an anniversary to celebrate. We'll talk later. You'll die when you see the snake pictures I took at Blackwater on Wednesday! Have a great weekend! XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!