Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

BEES AND LAVENDER

I love lavender, and this year my lavender is abundant. It is spilling out of it's bed and threatening to take over the walkway to the patio. I've begun cutting and bundling it for drying, but it hardly seems fair to take it all away. The bees love it so, and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time in the last couple of days trying to get the perfect bee on lavender pic. Love the combination of those cool, silvery green buds, with the purple blue blossoms, and then there's the fragrance...
This bee's gold tinted wings are courtesy of the sunset behind me. How lucky was that?


This is a good time to raid your ribbon drawer, though if you're planning to hang your lavender for drying, bundle it with rubber bands. It tends to shrink as it dries and the bundles will loosen if they're just tied.
I've been saving this bit of lavender toile for years. 


"As rosemary is to the spirit, so lavender is to the soul."
XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!