Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

OLD TRINITY

Stopped by Old Trinity Church on Tuesday. The grounds of this 17th century waterfront church are lovely. The last time I visited, it was damp and cold, with a swirling mist. This time, the sun shone, birds chirped, and the water lapped. Peaceful. 
I wandered among the gravestones and took a few pics.
Got inspired by windows again.



Turned that into this...
Then this...
Started working, but wasn't feeling the colors, so I switched back to the original version, and made this.
Mixed-media on linen, with paper, fabric, machine and hand stitching.
The first, color-enhanced version, the one I put aside, kept nagging at me as I worked, so I think I'll have another go at it. One window, two ways. Had a lot of fun adding images to the tiny window panes. There's a bit of text from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, as well. Fitting, don't you think?
Check out Old Trinity here.
XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!