Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

ELF

I had a gazillion errands and Christmas-y chores today, but fortunately, I had an elf.
Poor Scoutie. She's wearing the same expression as my children, when I used to force them into Christmas sweaters for the annual holiday photo.
She was actually very cooperative. Nigel was banned from the photo shoot after becoming way too excited about his Santa beard. He prefers to be photographed from the comfort of the sofa.
I feel as if I'm spinning my Christmas wheels. I made vegetable barley soup, a chocolate bourbon pecan pie, and ran all those errands, but my Christmas tree is still sitting in a bucket in the barn. 
With all the slushy weather we've had in recent days, I'm spending way too much time wiping muddy paws and muddy floors. 
Took time out yesterday to attend a luncheon hosted by Rose (the force behind Queen Anne's Collie Rescue) to benefit the Animal Welfare League and Toys for Tots. Got to cuddle with this little sweetie who is looking for a permanent home. 

If you're in the Eastern Shore area and interested in this guy, send me an email. Harley is 3 1/2 years old, up to date on shots, neutered, crate trained, housebroken, and freshly groomed. He's a Bichon mix. 
Hope your cookies are baked, gifts are wrapped, and tree is decorated. I'll get there. I always do. XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!