Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

STITCHING CHRISTMAS

I feel as though we're hurtling towards Christmas at breakneck speed. I sometimes need reminding to slow down and enjoy the process. With that in mind, I spent yesterday stitching these snowmen...
Creamy wool suiting on natural linen with Perle cotton and embroidery floss.
Not sure if I'll turn them into ornaments or make a banner for the mantel, but now that I have them started, I should be able to turn out quite a few. I have a work light behind my sofa now, which makes nighttime stitching so much easier. Old movies, a cup of tea, and some hand-stitching with my feet propped up makes me a happy little Christmas elf.
I hear there's a winter storm coming, so I spent this morning making the barn tidy. Still need to go out and give this mud wrestler a good grooming so I can put her blanket back on when the temperature drops.
Our nieces are in a Christmas parade in Cambridge this evening, so we are meeting their parents for an early dinner, then we're going to try and squeeze into the new brew pub, Reale Revival which is on the parade route. That should put us all in a holiday mood. 
Haven't finished shopping. Haven't finished decorating. Not panicking just yet...
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!