Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

KENT NARROWS BRIDGE: EVERY NEEDLE TELLS A STORY

I promised you a mixed-media piece from my pics of the Kent Narrows Bridge.

And here it is.

Except for the linen background and the printer fabric, all fabric pieces are from my stash of raggedy old quilts. I don't just rescue dogs, you know. The hand-painted paper scraps are left over from other projects. I added texture to the icy water with strips of an organza doll dress and a snippet from Rime of the Ancient Mariner in keeping with the maritime theme. As the underside of the bridge has a very cathedral-like quality, I added a cross. There are other bits of symbolism but I'm not explaining those. I like to leave a little mystery.
As always, there is hand and machine stitching.
Hope you're working on something fun this wet cold day, and staying dry, like my Nigel.


XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!