Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, April 25, 2014

PHOTOGRAPHY

For the past few weeks, I've been taking a digital photography course at Chesapeake College. I am determined to make the most of my DSLR camera and not rely on the automatic settings. With one week left in the course, I have already decided to continue and take the next level. Spent a little time today testing different settings here on our own property. Tomorrow I am going back to Outstanding Dreams Alpaca Farm to photograph "shearing day." Can't wait.
Our apple tree is in full bloom, but with unwelcome guests...
These will have to be dealt with, in an environmentally friendly way. We are ever conscious of how close we are to the river, and our impact on the Chesapeake Bay.
I've spent an inordinate amount of time rounding up horse feed this week. Several months ago our local tack shop closed, so I've been relying on unreliable Tractor Supply for horse feed. Horses, for those of you who don't know, have delicate digestive systems, Changes in feed must be made gradually, so it's very frustrating to be told your feed will be in, no sorry it didn't come in, we hope it will come in, no idea when it will come in..... and on and on. Really, their customer service stinks! Had to drive to Delmar, Delaware this morning to find a feed that had the 10% protein that Abby needs. Horses don't throw up, whatever goes in the front, must come out the back, which is why it is so important to feed correctly. A bad belly ache in a horse can be fatal.
I saw the first buttercups in the pasture today. Now I need to remember the name of the stuff we sprayed last year to get rid of them.
Also, the dandelions are enormous. I really do need to try my hand at dandelion wine.

Hope you have a great weekend planned. Be sure to check back for the alpaca shearing pics. XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!