Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, September 15, 2014

RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL

I feel I have been a neglectful blogger of late. Been super busy and working hard on editing my photos for sale on Crated.com, among other things. Also, finding it hard to stay indoors while we're having this gorgeous weather. Have a lot of things to share this week, so I promise to do better.
You know fall is my favorite time of year, cooler temps, the pumpkins, the turning leaves, and the festivals. Yesterday, we went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival in Crownsville. As someone who has made a costume or two over the years, I am really fascinated by the intricate details of the more elaborate costumes. I have to fight the urge to approach the wearers and ask to feel the fabric and examine the seams, and content myself with taking lots of pictures.
I want his boots.
This pretty lady has the voice of an angel.
That hair!!
Love this guy! He reminds me of Toad of Toad Hall. I adore Wind in the Willows.

Many of the costumes are as beautifully detailed in the back as the front.
This lovely lady is author, Eleanor Herman, who graciously autographed a copy of her latest book.
Not all of the costumes are strictly of the period, some are downright puzzling, but that's part of the fun. I noticed a definite steam punk element this year, and as always there were bosoms. So many bosoms spilling over tightly laced corsets.
No words for these.
It was such a fun day! The entertainment was great. I did not know it was possible to "rock out" with bagpipes. It is. There was a huge selection of food and drink. Tried a Beesting, which is a mead/cider combo. Bought this headpiece for Scout, who hasn't yet decided what she wants to be for Halloween, but I'm thinking it isn't a fair maiden, judging by her expression when she tried it on. Nigel has already decided but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Huzzah, blog friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!