Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

CHRISTMAS CATCH-UP

Good grief, time is flying and there is so much going on in my family life right now, that it is hard to find a moment for the blog. In the past few weeks we said good-bye to a sweet aunt, a dear friend and a family member were diagnosed with serious illnesses. My brother and family visited from the west coast (a very good thing), and of course, there's Christmas. I'm trying to stuff Christmas preparations into the cracks between these unsettling events. There is also a very big Christmas surprise in the works, but I'll save that for a bit later.
Fortunately, I have a good team to help me with the Christmas prep. Here's Nigel trying on his Christmas jammies...
He looks so solemn and dignified in these photos, but the second I say, we're done, he loses his mind and gallops to the fridge...that holy receptacle of all the best people food. Leftover rotisserie chicken was the payoff today. 
My tree is up, and most of the tabletop decorations are arranged, but my shopping remains unfinished and there is baking and wrapping to do. It will get done. It always does, but oh the stress of it all...
Hope your Holiday prep is ticking along and that you are taking time to breathe. Easier said than done. XO.

2 comments:

  1. love the banner on your blog...and of course, Nigel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures and artwork!
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. You are right, life does get tangled up and we just have to untangle them. Thanks so much for visiting me, I will be back often to visit you!
    Merry Christmas Mary!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!