Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NATIONAL MUTT DAY

Today is National Mutt Day! Thought I'd celebrate by taking pictures of the mutts around here. Nigel is usually patient with my picture taking, but little Scout, well she's a bit of a loose cannon, and an instigator. Here's what I got. Nigel is trying to cooperate, but baby sister? Not so much!
Look who's getting big girl teeth!
My handsome boy.
Much easier to photograph when she's tired and indoors.
On to easier subjects...flowers.
Thought about painting these but....shortcut!!
This little pup gave me no trouble, but if you look closely there are tooth marks in the bottom tomato. Scout stole it from my shot.
And the green tomatoes I'm going to fry (but broil) for dinner. There is a restaurant in Stevensville, called Rustico, that makes the most amazing "fried" green tomatoes. Served with their own marinara sauce, well my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Hope you're doing something special with your mutt today (if you have one) and hope that you're getting to enjoy some fresh local produce for dinner.
QUESTION: Been thinking of taking the plunge and upgrading to a DSLR camera. All my pics are taken with a Canon point and shoot. On cloudy days, like today, I struggle with lighting issues. If any of you have camera recommendations I would love to hear them. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!