Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, October 29, 2012

HURRICANE SANDY NEARS

Took a last ride across the river yesterday, before hunkering down for the duration. Our rain began in the night on Saturday and hasn't stopped. It was high tide when we went out, and I was surprised to see some minor flooding already. Take a look at the dock where the Mystic Whaler was moored last Sunday...
 The same spot, yesterday...
The winds are picking up now. The horses and cats are snug in the barn. The dogs are cozy indoors. Mr. C. and I are drinking tea and eating these...
Big Soft Ginger cookies from www.allrecipes.com
I will leave you with a storm preparedness tip from Nigel and good wishes for all my east coast friends and family. May we all come out safely on the other side. XO
Nigel recommends...

Current conditions, chez moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!