Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, January 7, 2013

FLY TRIBE WORD HOP

Another year has flown and once again, it's time for the Fly Tribe Word Hop. Time to share our words of intention for 2013.
I struggled to find my word this year. Knowing this day was coming, I kept it in the back of my mind through the fall, and all through the Holidays. Many in the Fly Tribe, believe that your word finds you, and so I let the universe know I was ready to receive my word and waited. I got nothing. Truthfully, I was a little disappointed in my word for 2012. It was "productive." That's a  good, solid, workhorse word, and I was enthusiastic at the outset, but as the year zoomed by, it seemed more admonition than inspiration. Whenever it came to mind, I panicked a bit about the things I hadn't yet accomplished. So, I knew I needed a more uplifting sort of word for 2013.
If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know that I like Winston Churchill quotes. Even more so, since visiting the Churchill War Rooms during our London trip in May. Browsing a list of quotes this weekend, I found this, "We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow worm." While opinions differ on the meaning of the quote, it spoke to me. So I am adopting GLOW as my word of intention for this year.
I want this blog to GLOW with fresh content and more tutorials. I want to learn more about my camera and take photos that GLOW, and make my faithful little band of followers smile. I want to GLOW with good health. I want my artwork to GLOW with fresh ideas.
I intend for BarnBugStudio to be a GLOW WORM this year. Can't wait to hear the words my Fly Tribe sisters have chosen. For a complete list of participants, or to add your URL and participate, go here. XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!