Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, January 18, 2013

MUD

"But in the mud and scum of things, There always, something sings." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Brave little hydrangea bud in the garden this morning.
We were supposed to have snow last night. Three to five inches, they said. They lied. After a week of gloom and fog and rain, I expected to wake to pristine white. I intended to dazzle you with my snow photos. Bah!! What we got, was a big dip in temperature and bone-chilling wind. But there is sunshine. I'll take it, and try to find some beauty and color in the mud.
Abby and Zoey. Happy to be out and having a gossip over the fence.
Ice on the ditch.

Nandina
Hope you're finding some winter color where you are, and if you got my snow, I'm jealous. And I want it back. XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!