Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SURVIVING JANUARY

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."~ Edith Sitwell

Today is the fifth consecutive day of drizzle and/or fog. On Monday, we had a promising sunrise...
And a pretty spectacular rainbow...
Looked like the rainbow ended in the barn, but I'm pretty sure those weren't gold nuggets I was  forking up.
Then the gloom quickly returned, so I am taking  a cue from the quote above and nesting. Finally making  time to learn about my new camera, which gives me an excuse to play around with some favorite things and work on my low light photos. 


Made two more soft and cozy one-button pillows this morning. I'll be doing a tutorial on these soon.
You can use a vintage button as a closure, or make it really easy peasy and use a favorite brooch as I did with the black velvet. A little sparkle is a good thing in January.
Pulled out an old project from 3 or 4 years ago, when I first fell in love with felting wool. Making this little rug from felted thrift-shop woolens. 
Hope you are staying warm and cozy, and keeping your winter spirits up with some crafty projects of your own. Hope you have plenty of tea to drink from a favorite pot. Do you have a favorite teapot? I'll show you that collection on another winter day.
Now, I'm going to pour myself another cup, and try not to think about muddy pawprints. If it has to be wet, couldn't we just have some snow? XO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!