Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, April 26, 2013

FRIDAY THINGS

It's dandelion time here on the shore, and even though we actually had an unseasonable frost this week, and I briefly turned the heat back on, spring is in full bloom. I actually love dandelions. I wish they didn't love our lawn so much, but as we're so close to the river we limit our use of herbacides. Wondering if any of my readers have ever tried to make dandelion wine?
My neighbors probably think I'm crazy, rolling around on the ground with my camera, trying to catch them backlit by that pinky sunset light.
The next weed up will be buttercups. If you have horse pasture, you have buttercups. Thousands of them.  I've already seen a few. In another week or so, we'll have to mow and bag them. They are actually supposed to be toxic to horses, but most well-fed horses are wise enough to leave them alone.
The irises have fat buds now, and I expect they'll be open by the beginning of next week. They are one of my favorite spring bloomers.
Last night, I tried a new recipe that I found on Pinterest. Visit Ambitious Kitchen for this Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad With Ginger-Peanut Dressing. It was delicious and easily made gluten-free. 
The forecast for this weekend is delightful, and there are so many fun things scheduled. Check out  Oxford Day and The St. Michaels Wine Festival for a start.
Hope your weekend is full of flowers and springtime fun, and good things to eat...
XO.
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!