Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

SHOOT PRINT STITCH

If you like to photograph creepy, abandoned houses, Dorchester County is a great place to do it. This is one of my faves from from last winter...
Edited down to this...
Printed it onto plain white fabric. Then hand and machine stitched, adding bits of old fabric to  get this...

Then tweaked the finished piece one more time to get this...


Will need to remember this pic for next Halloween. I rummaged through my stash of vintage photos to find a ghost for the boarded up window. I chose a child because they make the creepiest spirits. If you don't believe me, you never watched "The Shining." Even though that was "so three decades ago," I have not fully recovered. Poor Scatman Crothers!
Gotta run. People to feed. Both my children home on the same weekend. Lucky! 
XO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!