Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

JUSTINE'S

We're saving the sights of summer, my camera, my needle, and I.
Last week, I showed you this...
Justine's Ice Cream Parlor

Justine's Ice Cream Parlor in St. Michaels. Today I turned it into this...
Printed the photo onto fabric, then embellished with scraps of paper, and more fabric. You know how I do. I added my Nigel, because he loves ice cream, and Justine's, like so many St. Michaels businesses, is dog friendly. Note the water bucket by the door.
I am storing this memory to pull out in the dead of winter. I'll be reminded of a perfect summer evening. I'll remember how Justine's glowed red in the twilight, and if I close my eyes, I might be able to hear water lapping, and the happy sound of children's sandals, slapping on the sidewalk.
Hope you're storing some summer memories, blog friends, cause it sure is slipping away.
XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!