Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

THE BIRDS

"To begin with, you've got to understand that a seagull is an unlimited idea of freedom, an image of the Great Gull, and your whole body, from wingtip to wingtip, is nothing more than your thought itself." ~ Richard Bach, Johnathan Livingston Seagull


 

I got a new camera lens yesterday. It came just before lunch. I tore it out of the box and headed down to Long Wharf, thinking I'd shoot sailboats, and the lighthouse, but these gulls caught my eye. I had a few stale crackers in my truck, and before I knew it, I was surrounded, like Tippi Hedren, in The Birds.
I ran out of stale crackers, but rummaged around and found a bag of gluten-free, organic pretzels. Unopened. Hmm...dilemma, but hey, by that time I was already intrigued by the antics of one little bully, who squawked and crowed, and chased the others. What else could I do? Pretzels for everyone!
To my husband, who sneaked a peek at my Amazon wish list. And ordered the lens. Without a word. You are the wind beneath my wings. XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!