Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

ANOTHER CHURCH WINDOW

You all know by now that I am passionate about obsessed with photographing the windows and doors of abandoned buildings in Dorchester County.
One of my very favorites is the header above. It makes a good case for carrying battery operated Christmas lights in your coat pocket. It is on my list of windows I'd like to paint. In the meantime, I've been playing around with this.

This pretty old church has been re-located and is in the process of being restored.
Which I edited to this...
And stitched into this...
Mixed-media quilt. Vintage fabric and paper scraps on linen. Hand and machine stitching.
Every needle tells a story. XO

7 comments:

  1. What size is your finished one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about 8 X 10.5 ish, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combined fabrics-very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. Every snippet of fabric is very old, except for the linen background. I get a lot of satisfaction from breathing new life into those old scraps.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kim! With about 2300 miles of shoreline here in Talbot County and across the river in Dorchester, there had to be a fish. Bought a handful of old watch faces at a flea market in PA last spring. I printed one of those on fabric to use in this piece. Wanted to use the actual watch face but that makes scanning more difficult. Wish I'd bought dozens of them now. I've thought of all sorts of uses for them since. Isn't that always the way? Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's always a boost to know someone is enjoying my work.
    XO,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy seeing your photographs, you have such a creative eye...Your artful is wonderful as well...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!