Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

EAGLES AND OTHERS

Monday morning's long to-do list was put on hold while I made a quick trip down to Blackwater. I spotted eagles right away, but they were too far for my modest lens to capture. There were two other photographers there already, with lenses like great cannons protruding from their car windows. Slightly envious, I drove around them and headed toward my eagle tree, hoping to get lucky...and bingo! This beauty obligingly landed in the one spot of fall color. I don't have a monstrous lens that needs to be supported by a tripod attached to my vehicle (though I would like to), but I have patience and persistence and sometimes that pays off. Beautifully.
Great Blue Heron
"Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own." ~ Charles Dickens

On Friday, I visited Outstanding Dreams Alpaca Farm again for a few more shots of the crias. One week later, they are thriving and vigorous, with much better command of their spindly legs. Two more were born this week so I will have to visit again soon.
Friday ended with this gift of a sunset...
Trappe Landing
Saturday was for watching skipjack races.
So much outdoor fun to pack into these fall weekends. Trying to spend as much time as we can outdoors, storing up memories to see us through the winter months.
Gotta run. Still working on that to-do list from Monday, cause when Nature whispers and my camera finger gets twitchy, I'm out the door. XO.
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." ~Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!